Consider the challenge of helping people at all hours of the day or night, seven days a week, in any kind of weather and under very stressful and emotional conditions. Imagine learning and developing skills to cope with a variety of situations that include: structure and wildland interface fires, emergency medical responses, hazardous materials spills and many other emergencies.
THE NATURE OF OUR BUSINESS
The fire and rescue service is one of the most diverse and challenging professions known today. It is this diversity that inspires most men and women to enter the profession, whether as a volunteer or career employee.
Firefighting is not for everyone. You need more than just a desire to help people. You need courage, dedication, assertiveness, and the willingness to learn new skills and face new challenges. Committing to serve as a Volunteer Firefighter in your community is a serious decision. It should not be made lightly.
If you believe you have what it takes to meet the challenges of our business, we welcome you to join us!!!
HOW TO BEGIN
I do want to be a volunteer, what do I do next?
Contact your local Volunteer Company.
Which Volunteer Company am I eligible to join?
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current and valid driver’s license or state photo identification.
- Have current proof of vehicle liability insurance in accordance with California state law.
- Be able to understand and follow oral/written instructions in English.
- Live within the response area of the volunteer company you are interested in joining.
- Observe a minimum of 2 training meetings of the local company before you will be given an application.
- Apply for membership with the local volunteer company.
- Be in good physical condition. A CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) is required.